Tangotiger, November 4, 2010:
On the other hand, my method is to use existing stories as a launching point for what I really want to say and do. My objective is to be timeless.
Tangotiger, Novemeber 18, 2010:
Dean of new-fangled stats
Tangotiger, November 19, 2010:
As for why I bother to highlight [J.C. Bradbury] here, I suppose it’s similar to trying to expose the ridiculousness of what the media does as well. A sort of sabermetric Jon Stewart if you will.
Tangotiger, November 19, 2010:
ChuckO/11: I think you perfectly captured exactly what I am about, better than I could have described myself.
You can put that on my sabermetric tombstone when I retire!
SABR love arguing and they love the internet. So arguing on the internet comes naturally. You can find stupid arguments all over the comments of The Book, Baseball Prospectus, BBTF, and a bunch of crappy SB Nation blogs. But you couldn’t, until yesterday, on The Hardball Times. Before then, all you’d see were the occasional person calling out Tuck for being an idiot.
It took an astonishingly-bad article, but look for yourself–a genuine SABR fight. Here’s the play-by-play.
- 10:29 a.m. – Bob Lee starts off by noting how stupid Paul Francis Sullivan is (13 words)
- 14 minutes later – Brad Johnson comments (144 words)
- 2 minutes later – Mark comments (39 words)
- 4 minutes later – Mark comments again (83 words)
- 2 minutes later – ecp comments (13 words)
- 8 minutes later – Brad Johnson comments (119 words)
- 3 minutes later – Mark comments (83)
- 5 minutes later – Brad Johnson accuses Mark of being schizophrenic (12 words)
- 3 minutes later – Mark reveals there is another Mark (31 words)
- 45 minutes later – the second Mark makes himself known and promotes his theory that there are two Pirates organizations; how ironic (82 words)
- 34 minutes later – Paul E comments (52 words)
- 6 minutes later – Brad Johnson comments (112 words)
- 8 minutes later – Mark comments (142 words)
- 8 minutes later – Brad Johnson comments (143 words)
- 16 minutes later – Mark finally responds (170 words)
- 8 minutes later – Brad Johnson comments (152 words)
- 7 minutes later – Mark breaks out the caps lock, twice (109 words)
- 9 minutes later – Brad Johnson is cowed by Mark’s caps lock (88 words)
- 4 minutes later – Mark gloats (122 words)
- 9 minutes later – Brad Johnson continues writing for some reason (129 words)
- 5 minutes later – the second Mark chimes in; he’s very sneaky (149 words)
- 2 minutes later – original Mark breaks out the caps lock again to seal the victory (140 words)
- 14 minutes later – confused because Brad Johnson hasn’t commented in over 20 minutes, Mark uses more caps lock (77 words)
- 19 minutes later – Brad Johnson returns to defend his honor (98 words)
- 9 minutes later – Mark repeats himself (124 words)
- 10 minutes later – Brad Johnson repeats himself (126 words)
- 1 minutes later – Mark openly mocks Brad Johnson (15 words)
- 5 minutes later – Mark comes back for more, including caps lock (90 words)
- 1 minute later – Paul Francis Sullivan wants something noted for the record, which I suppose would be this blog; so noted (11 words)
- 3 minutes later – Brad Johnson accuses Mark of being contrary (129 words)
- 19 minutes later – Mark continues to troll, compare Pedro Alvarez to his dog (51 words)
Since then, Brad Johnson hasn’t shown his face. He must be ashamed. Mark, for his part, has been proudly trumpeting his victory and taking on any new comers, to the tune of 9 posts and 1,741 words in the last 24 hours.